Tuesday 25 December 2012

Optional Retirement

InsyaAllah, by 31313, I'll be free from career rush. I am going to achieve another milestone in my life project; I am going to be a retired lecturer.

Retirement means "doing what you want, when you want with whom you want". Yes, I am going to retire soon. What am I going to do? I just want to relax, be a lady of leisure. I have been working as a university lecturer for the last 25 years and now, I simply want to retire to experience new things in life, spend more time with my beloved family especially my last two boys who are going to be twelve and nine years old in 2013. Not that I did not spend time with my other five children who have grown up. I believe that I have given quality time to them for the last 24 years, but now I think that I want to provide quality time with less stress, not juggling career and family life, being able to have more time for myself as well. I'll have more time for my parents, to visit them more often, talk and listen to them while they are still around in this world.

Life is a mega project, we cannot simply let our time past by without making any plan. If we don't plan, we plan to fail in life. Plans are our effort and pray to Allah to always forgive any wrong doing and ask for his blessing. I really pray to Allah for his forgiveness and blessing for my decision to retire "young". I hope my judgement that I am already "financially independent" is with HIS blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home